Answered By: Caroline Cooke Last Updated: Aug 05, 2019 Views: 18
1. To reserve a book, go to Heritage Online.
2. Find the book you want and check that all copies are on loan (you will not be able to reserve a book if there is a copy available on the shelf). If you need help finding a book on Heritage online or on the shelf, please ask a member of the Library team to help you.
3. Go to the detailed record screen and click on the 'Reserve' button:
4. Enter your Reader Code (for students who enrolled in 2015 and later, this is your AECC University College ID, for students who enrolled prior to this date and for all staff, this is the number under your photo on your AECC University College ID card) to login to your Heritage Online account. You should then see the following message: 'reservation placed successfully'.
4. We will send you an email (to your AECC University College email) when the book is ready for you to collect. You then have 3 days in which to collect it, after which it will either be passed to the next reserver, or will be reshelved.
To cancel a reservation, login to your Heritage Online account as above. Click on the 'Reserved' tab, tick the box next to the item you want to cancel, then click 'Cancel'.
If you have already received an email to say a book is ready for collection but you no longer need it, please let us know so that it can be made available to others.